Victor Segalen (January 14, 1878 - May 21, 1919) was a French naval doctor, ethnographer, archeologist, writer, poet, explorer, art-theorist, linguist and literary critic.
He was born in Brest. He studied naval medicine in Bordeaux. He traveled and lived in Polynesia (1903-1905) and China (1909-1914 and 1917). He died by accident in a forest in Huelgoat, France ('under mysterious circumstances' and reputedly with an open copy of Hamlet by his side).
He gave his name to the Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2 University of literature and social sciences in Bordeaux.
Victor Segalen's Works:
* A dreuz an Arvor (1899)
* L'observation médicale chez les écrivains naturalistes (Thesis, Bordeaux, 1901)
* Les Immémoriaux (under the pseudonym Max Anély) (1907)
* Stèles (prose poems, 1912)
* Peintures (1916)
* Orphée-Roi (1921)
* René Leys (1922)
* Mission archéologique en Chine (in collaboration with Gilbert de Voisins and Jean Lartigue) (1923-1924)
* Équipée. De Pékin aux marches thibétaines (1929)
* Voyage au pays du réel (1929)
* Lettres de Chine (1967)
* La Grande Statuaire chinoise (1972)
* Journal des îles (1978)
* Le Fils du ciel : chronique des jours souverains (1985)
Nanalal Dalpatram Kavi (Gujarati: નાનાલાલ દલપતરામ કવિ) was a noted author, poet of Gujarati literature, and was given a title of "Kavishwar" (God of Poets) by people of Gujarat. His name is sometimes spelt Nhanalal.
Nanalal was born on March 16, 1877 as the fourth son of Dalpatram, the...
hame.n ko_ii Gam nahii.n thaa Gam-e-aashiqii se pahale
na thii dushmanii kisii se terii dostii se pahale
hai ye merii badanasiibii teraa kyaa qasuur is me.n
tere Gam ne maar Daalaa mujhe zindagii se pahale
meraa pyaar jal rahaa hai ai chaa.Nd aaj chhup jaa